Cymatic Audio is always looking for talented individuals to join the Cymatic team. If you are interested in an exciting career, please send us your motivation letter and resumee!
JOB OPENING JANUARY, 19TH, 2018
Senior Hardware Engineer
The Senior Audio Electronics Engineer takes the lead role in the development of analog and digital circuitry required to support Cymatic Adio products. Working in a dynamic environment with internal teams, external contractors, and our customers, you oversee and develop both the analog and digital circuit designs.
Able to anticipate common challenges and tradeoffs in audio electronics development, you understand the overall product goals and translate that understanding into designs, circuits, prototypes and ultimately, a validated production product. You understand the new product introduction process and are able to support both the design and manufacturing stages of development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop & maintain schematic diagrams, electronics BOM, circuit simulations and board layouts in support of product designs.
- Optimize electronics design for the best balance of economy, quality, reliability, safety, and sustainability.
- Collaborate with internal development team and external contractors to design, develop and architect electronics for Cymatic Audio products.
- Define and develop research prototypes needed to support product goals.
- Assure products comply with appropriate regulatory and safety requirements.
- Work closely with external vendors and partners for optimal integration of hardware and mechanical designs, oversee initial production stages
- Stay current on new product offerings and technology advancements in audio and digital electronics.
- Work closely with external manufacturing partners in Europe and Asia
- Collaborate with management and the development team to establish hardware technology goals
- Design and development support for manufacturing test fixtures
- BS in EE or related technical discipline
- 8+ years prior experience designing mixed signal analog and digital circuits
- 8+ years prior experience developing consumer electronics products from ideation through market release and sustainment.
- Ability to architect or oversee the architecture of a complete consumer product (power, digital, analog, user interface and communication systems)
- Extensive experience the design and layout of PCBs
- Prior experience with high gain, low noise electronics design techniques.
- Awareness of typical design for manufacturing issues, and electronics manufacturing process.
- Experience troubleshooting systems using common lab tools like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and logic analyzers.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with peers as an integral part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
- Prior experience developing audio and/or music products
- Experience with Linux, Arm processors, and Git
- MS in EE
• Zurich, Switzerland or home office
• Flexible: Full-time, Part-time or Freelance