Crackling Noise On Recording Track

Home Page Forums Cymatic Audio Forum uTrack-X32 Crackling Noise On Recording Track

This topic contains 39 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Andreas Andreas 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Josef Holzer
    Josef Holzer
    Participant

Hi All,

I am currently using a x32 Rack + uTrack card to do live recording, but I get hearable static crackling noise. Sounds like an old venyl disk. When I start all up from scratch I get this even on my Microphone channel, which dissappears after a while on the Mic channel, but stays on the Guitar channel.
    No

Laszlo .
    Laszlo
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Do you have a chance to try with the standard X-UF, or X-USB card? Are those working correctly?
    The card and the console handles 8 channels groups setting up the routing. Is that noise related on some groups, or happens randomly everywhere?
    How about if you have that noise on one channel then you swap th

James Gardner
    James Gardner
    Participant

I also have the same issue.
    2 X32 Racks, both with uTrack cards in them running the latest firmware.
    Both record crackling across all channels (running 16Ch in each).
    Also over USB or ethernet the uTrack software will not recognise either card. I can browse to them to do a firmware upgrade without issue but the a

Hello!
    same problem here!

did someone solve this problem to date?

best
    Thorsten

Laszlo .
    Laszlo
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

Please tell me the firmware version on your device, and also the exact setup/routing.
    Also tell me the USB drive brand and type please.

Hello

I just found out, that it disappeared with 44,1khz settings instead of 48khz

here was may post (in german) in a X32 Froum… I will translate it. as soon as possible

Hallo liebes Forum.

Ich habe ein paar Fragen, Probleme, etc…
    vielleicht kann der/die Eine oder Andere ja helfen.

Ich habe mir g

Josef Holzer
    Josef Holzer
    Participant

Update: A friend of mine bought a Behringer x32-Rack-Mixer + the Cymaticaudio – uTrack x32 Card and immediately got the same Problem – “Crackling Noise” after a couple of min. So we took the Card and plugged it into my x32 Producer – Mixer, recorded for 3 hours and found everything OK. My friend played around a bit a

Thank you very much,

Yes, it works with 44,1khz

Strange thing, that is works with 48kHz at my other X32 Rack, same firmware version

Laszlo .
    Laszlo
    Keymaster

[quote=”PicturePalacemusic” post=3709]Thank you very much,

Yes, it works with 44,1khz

Strange thing, that is works with 48kHz at my other X32 Rack, same firmware version[/quote]

———————————————————————————————————————————

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Same problem here, it ruined an entire important rehearsal recording and weeks worth of setup and planning :-/

Anyway, here’s my setup:

1. uTrack-X32 firmware 3865, x32-Rack firmware 3.08
    2. Mostly happens on 48 kHz either immediately or after a couple of minutes. It’s mostly audible when the channel signal re

Laszlo .
    Laszlo
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you change the routing on the console the noise present on the same channel (number) or goes to the another channel where you changed the routing (instrument)?

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I just installed the X-USB and can confirm that it works on 48 kHz (and 44.1 kHz) just fine (been running for about 2h straight now).

The noise on the uTrack was present on all 16 local channels. As you can hear near the end of my sample recording, the noise isn’t constant but “follows” the actual signal’s amplitu

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Ok, the behaviour seems a bit tricky to reproduce, so here’s my “what I did” log:

– After building the uTrack-x32 back into the x32-Rack again, I immediately connected it to the computer via USB.
    – Turned on the console, it started in 48 kHz and the uTrack sends audio to the computer *without* crackling. It’s doi

Chetan
    Chetan
    Participant

Hey miguy2k,

Thanks a lot for the detailed description of the problem. Interestingly enough we were never able to catch this problem until now.

Laszlo is on vacation, but when he is back, the first thing he would try is to see if he can reproduce this problem with your description.

Josef Holzer
    Josef Holzer
    Participant

Update2:
    So I sent my x32-Rack Mixer with the u-Track-x32 plugged into x32-Rack-Mixer for repair to Behringer.
    Got it back after 8 weeks, but nothing changed.
    Repro:
    If I plug in my Kemper Amp (nothing else) with 48kHz, record on the USB stick by pushing the button on the u-track,
    stop recording by pushing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.