uTrack24 + WD MyPassport = hundreds of dropouts

Home Page Forums Cymatic Audio Forum USB Drives General uTrack24 + WD MyPassport = hundreds of dropouts

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by David Zuchowski David Zuchowski 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    David Chesavage
    David Chesavage
    Participant

[quote=”lilpyro” post=544]so they don’t accidently get hit by a flying drum stick or being bumped into since those flash drives stick out a little from the front of the U24 in the rack mount[/quote]

You might take a look at the Kingston DataTraveler drives. Pretty low profile. I’d trust this before trusting a dongle flapping around the front of the rack unit. I think you can get these up to 256 GB now.

Larry
    Larry
    Participant

Good to know! Thanks OBDave! I will look into those 🙂

Larry
    Larry
    Participant

What about this SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0? It seems really low profile but would it be too small for consistent playback?

David Chesavage
    David Chesavage
    Participant

Oh wow that looks even better.

Consistent playback will have nothing to do with the physical size of the drive. It will have everything to do with whether the drive consistently responds to read requests in a timely fashion, and you’ll only be able to determine that by testing. I am guessing this drive would work fine for playback.

Larry
    Larry
    Participant

Oh good! I will have to start testing a few then….thanks again OBDave.

David Zuchowski
    David Zuchowski
    Participant

I’ve had problems with Western Digital My Book drives (dropouts, recording stop, utool import problems). I’ve switched to Seagate Back up Plus. So far, so good. I don’t use USB powered drives.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.