Home Page › Forums › Cymatic Audio Forum › MIDI FILES DOESN'T WORK ON LP-16 AND ARE TOO HEAVY › Reply To: MIDI FILES DOESN'T WORK ON LP-16 AND ARE TOO HEAVY
Hi, Clement, I don’t see any tricky part in this. The basic concept is:
1. Open DAW, add MIDI track e.g. for click
2. put some notes in the track and assign virtual instrument (I use some bells in Halion SE), so you have all the song covered with click on every beat.
3. Set export range from the start to the end of the track
4. Add onother MIDI track, this will controll your pedalboard
5. Make this track the very same length as the click track (all track should be the same length)
6. Assign the MIDI channel of this track (according to your MIDI controller)
7. Insert required MIDI messages (Program Change or CC) to desired locations
8. export only a click track as sound file (audio mixdown – MONO)
9. export only controlling MIDI track as MIDI file
10. now in uTool create Multitrack song
11. Apply click audio track to Track 1
12. Apply controlling MIDI track to MIDI file below
13. Connect MIDI out of LP16 to MIDI in of you switcher (don’t forget to set the same MIDI channel as in MIDI file) and enable MIDI recieve on your switcher
14. Playback your song and your swicher should response to incoming MIDI messages along with playback of a click
If you need to control more MIDI devices, you simply create several controling MIDI tracks in your DAW (every on a different channel), then all those MIDI controlling tracks export as a SINGLE MIDI FILE.
I control DMX lights with Note/On messages, Fractal MFC with Program Change and MuteGroups of Behringer x32 with several CCs along with playback of 6 audio backtracks. All works great.
Hope this will work for you.
Richard, Czech Rep.