Home Page › Forums › Cymatic Audio Forum › Suggestion Box › uTrack24 suggestions & feature requests › Add Markers to Playback
- This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Laszlo.
- 20th August 2015 at 01:18 #26374Michael O’HaraParticipant
Started using the uTrack24 for backing track playback.
That works well outside a few little midi and audio length issues.
I would love the ability to add markers to pre existing songs.
From my understanding you can only add markers while recording with this unit.
Would make rehearsals so much easier just to cue up to say the last verse, ect…..
instead of always having to start at the beginning.
Also we play a few longer medleys and sometimes time is running short…
would be nice to have the ability to start later in a 15 minute medley… (using markers)
Thank u20th August 2015 at 15:43 #26379
I will pass this on to the developers as a feature request.
Thanks for your input.4th October 2015 at 20:11 #26472mauriParticipant
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to add markers in pre-recoded songs …how you do ??5th October 2015 at 18:13 #26474ChetanParticipant
Unfortunately there is no way to add markers for songs in uTool for playback yet.
Markers can be created on the fly when a recording is being done on the uTrack-24. Press the PLAY button while a recording is going on to create a new marker. Every button press creates a new marker in the recording.
uTrack24 provides playback from any position too. When playback starts, you can use the rotarty to choose a position and click the rotary to start playback from that position.11th April 2016 at 14:43 #26988Luis Clara GomesParticipant
This manual operation /rotary mode is not helpful in a live situation. Let me give you a concrete example
A 16 bar loop of backing tracks was copied to a 5min long multitrack backing track. Eg. when the band is jamming on top of a chord progression / percussion loop
1) When the band wants to move on from this 5min loop to the next song, we want our drummer to be able to trigger it with a single footswitch press, e.g. the footswitch action would be “next marker” or “next song”
2) When a 5 min jam isn’t enough the drummer would like to replay this song, e.g. jump back to the marker at the beginning of it.
since you only have a single footswitch jack, ideally you would support these actions via MIDI
1) previous marker (or song, whatever’s previous)
2) next marker (or song, whatever’s next)
3) play / pause
4) next track on the playlist DOWN (after current finishes or the action from 1) happens)
5) next track on the playlist UP (after current finishes or the action from 2) happens)
this way a drum pad or a midi pedal board would be able to operate the utrack, making it truly able to replace Ableton / or software solutions12th April 2016 at 15:08 #26993
Thank you for your input.
I will pass this on to the developers, we will review your request.16th September 2019 at 22:12 #60486Simon LindParticipant
+1 for this feature. It would be very useful to be able to jump to a predefined marker like verse or chorus in order to continue playing if we got lost during rehearsal. Currently you would have to start all over since it quite difficult to know where to set the play head when we are only using clicktracks.
Laszlo, it was a while since this was requested. Do you know if there are any plans to implement this?18th September 2019 at 11:09 #60642
The original request is from 2016.
We have implemented this feature already.
You can add markers at the mixer layout
19th September 2019 at 21:09 #60908Simon LindParticipant
Ok, thanks for the response. It wasn’t documented, tested it and it worked! I could step through the markers with the >> button. Is there a way to name the markers for playback multitracks? I think it’s possible for recording but it would be excellent for playback as well.20th September 2019 at 08:09 #61002
I’ll forward your request to the developers.
Thank you for your input
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.