Home Page › Forums › Cymatic Audio Forum › uTrack 24 › Analog outputs behaviour while recording
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 10 months ago by Laszlo.
- 30th May 2015 at 17:10 #26079Roberto De FranceschiParticipant
I was wondering what happens with the 24 analog outputs when recording is in progress. I had a look at the manual, which states:
These 24 outputs carry 24 channels of audio either from:
• A multi-track audio project from a USB drive connected to the front panel USB port
• A multitrack DAW session running on a computer connected to the rear panel USB port
Although the first point doesn’t explicitly state that it happens only during playback, from this description I could guess that while recording nothing is routed to the analog outputs. Is that right? If so, I’d say it would be nice to have the analog inputs passing through to the outputs, for example for external monitoring.
Thanks for any comment about this!1st June 2015 at 09:57 #26080LaszloKeymaster
There is no passthru during recording from in to outputs.
This is deliberate, as under normal circumstances any pass-thru would induce latency from the AD/DA process, which is something you normally would not want.
In other words, the uTrack24 is meant to be driven from outputs and not in an insert-style connection.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.