- 30th August 2015 at 07:47 #26399Joseph KarniewiczParticipant
I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Y-Insert cable in “reverse” to connect a mixer direct out to the LR-16?
1) My mixer’s direct outs can be both balanced/unbalanced. The Y-insert cable has a TRS jack on one end and a pair of TS jacks on the other. Could I take the Tip/Sleeve jack and put in into the mixer’s direct out, leave the Ring/Sleeve jack unconnected and put the TRS jack into the LR-16?
2) I’ve been looking at the direct out cable snake that Cymatic offers and I was wondering if there is a problem with the pdf (sc08glcolor.pdf)) that shows the wiring. It appears in the wiring that Ring is connected to Ring … my understanding is that the Ring should be disconnected – did I get that wrong?
3) I have not be able to locate any appropriate TRS-TS cables or adapters that leave the ring unconnected. Does anyone have any suggestions for the appropriate cables/connectors or companies that might provide them?31st August 2015 at 10:49 #26404LaszloKeymaster
The LR-16 have unbalanced insert stlye inputs, that’s mean the TRS socket following this pinout:
T (tip): Input signal (from your source to LR-16)
R (ring): Return signal (from your LR-16 to source)
S (sleeve) Common ground
When you want to connect direct out to your LR-16 you’ll need to use TRS jack on the LR-16 side, and leave the R (ring) pin disconnected. (the other end of the cable can be TS (if your mixer have unbalanced direct out). If you have a Y where the pinout TRS (plug) –> 2xMONO TS socket [1xTS + 1xRS] you can use that as well.
Acoording to the Direct loom PDF that’s defienetley show wrong pinout, thanks for the heads up.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.